Thursday, December 18, 2008

Asymetrical Half Hat









This is a sweet little block. I bought it from eBay a few weeks ago. I wasn't going to buy anymore blocks, you know where I'm going with this. But, I just couldn't stop myself from buying it.
The Pheasant Tail Feathers I cut and shaped then wrapped with a thin strip of the felt. I wasn't sure if I liked the way it looked on the hat, so I tried a small curled Ostrich Feather in light gray. If I come up with another feather from the box that was just delivered from eBay I'll post it later. BTW eBay is a really good source for vintage feathers..

3 comments:

Cristina de Prada - milliner said...

It's a sweet little block! Shipping to Europe makes it too expensive for me to buy blocks in the US, so I buy my vintage blocks on eBay Germany...

It looks great with the long feathers, and I must do as you say and look for vintage feathers on Ebay!

Armando y Montez said...

I'm always eying Blocks from Germany and England but like you the shipping is prohibitive for me. Mixed up world!.
I cut and shaped the long feathers I'll do a thing on feathers next..

lolosita said...

yeah right, like you're ever going to stop buying blocks! ily, montez. you are my hero.
xo
lo