Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gone Batt-y

Today I decided to finish off a project I promised to my friend Jic. These are, sort of, the first steps to hand making felt hoods sans shearing the sheep or taking care of them . I finally carded the wool I dyed and picked into nice fluffy batts. Whew. 2 pounds worth
I dyed and picked the wool a few weeks ago so now that he's out of town I've finished the project! I'm sure he'll be glad to know. Now that he won't be home to use them..




I was asked to post the inside and the back of the Crazy 40's Beret check it out Updated Photos Cristina!..
http://chapeaudujour.blogspot.com/2008/10/crazy-1940s-beret-block.html

The shoes are something I'm plotting out. This will be the second round with this idea. The brown shoe was my Moms, She had teeny feet size 2 children. The black shoe is mine and just to show how small her foot was I'm a size 6. My shoe looks like Big Foot or the Yetti's slipper compared. I'll be posting what I did with it in a couple of days..

No comments: